Sunday 13 April 2014

Bird Necklace

Servus and welcome to my artful blogging corner! I am happy that you stop by my little creative spot :)

Today I want to share with you my latest soldered project - a bird necklace.



I used some driftwood alongside an old thimble, some lace ribbons, wire and designer papers.



I love to work with wire and I also patina-ed the soldered frame  to give it a more antique look instead of the silvery shine.



The tiny piece of driftwood is a collectible from my favourite summer resort at the beautiful Attersee in the Austrian Salzkammergut.



The thimble is a find from my husband's grandmothers sewing chest. I dremel-ed a hole into the top and inserted a piece of wire that fixes the thimble to the pendant and holds the ribbons in place too.


The designer paper I used for the tiny collage is a scrap from the "Madame Payraud" stash. The egg was stamped, fuzzy cut and glued in place (as were the printed words).



The tiny feather is a feather from one of our three budgies. I blended it with DI "gathererd twigs" to tone the bright yellow down a bit.



Before I put the two memory glass pieces together I gave the insides some dabbs of alcohol inks around the edges to add to the aged feel of my necklace.



I enter this creation to the challenge at Inspiration Emporium "A Few of my Favourite Things" (actually I used quite a lot of my favourite things on it: solder, glass, wire, drift wood, a found object (the thimble), ribbon with text, alcohol inks).
I also enter it to the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Crafty Hands Challenges, to Simon's Wednesday challenge "Happy Easter" (as there is a stamped Easter egg incorporated with one of the collages and the necklace is an Easter gift for my sister) and Eclectic Paperie's "Wood" challenge (as I love my collection of drift wood and have included one with this project).