Servus, dear visitor!



Servus and a warm welcome to my other "Von Pappe" blog.

This blog is meant to be the place where I want to share with you my more personal and precious creations. I also want this one to be the place where I share with you some of the thoughts, feelings and ideas behind my makes or sometimes even just let the artwork speak for itself.

If you leave me a comment this is highly appreciated! What would I be without the echo from the people I share my artwork with? So let me know that you have been here, if you can spare some secs. I will try my best to pay back the kind visit ;)

If you would like to become a follower of this blog, you will find the followers gadget at the very bottom of the page.

Claudia - aka "die amelie" x

Sunday, 13 April 2014

Bird Necklace

Servus and welcome to my artful blogging corner! I am happy that you stop by my little creative spot :)

Today I want to share with you my latest soldered project - a bird necklace.



I used some driftwood alongside an old thimble, some lace ribbons, wire and designer papers.



I love to work with wire and I also patina-ed the soldered frame  to give it a more antique look instead of the silvery shine.



The tiny piece of driftwood is a collectible from my favourite summer resort at the beautiful Attersee in the Austrian Salzkammergut.



The thimble is a find from my husband's grandmothers sewing chest. I dremel-ed a hole into the top and inserted a piece of wire that fixes the thimble to the pendant and holds the ribbons in place too.


The designer paper I used for the tiny collage is a scrap from the "Madame Payraud" stash. The egg was stamped, fuzzy cut and glued in place (as were the printed words).



The tiny feather is a feather from one of our three budgies. I blended it with DI "gathererd twigs" to tone the bright yellow down a bit.



Before I put the two memory glass pieces together I gave the insides some dabbs of alcohol inks around the edges to add to the aged feel of my necklace.



I enter this creation to the challenge at Inspiration Emporium "A Few of my Favourite Things" (actually I used quite a lot of my favourite things on it: solder, glass, wire, drift wood, a found object (the thimble), ribbon with text, alcohol inks).
I also enter it to the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Crafty Hands Challenges, to Simon's Wednesday challenge "Happy Easter" (as there is a stamped Easter egg incorporated with one of the collages and the necklace is an Easter gift for my sister) and Eclectic Paperie's "Wood" challenge (as I love my collection of drift wood and have included one with this project).

11 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Love the addition of the thimble and the driftwood etc, they look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous design and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This necklace is such a work of ART! LOVE all of the personal details and how you told us about them and that bit of driftwood is Fantastic! THX for playing with us at our eclectic Paperie ePlay Wood Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wonderful necklace with the piece of wood wound round with the wire - and the lovely old thimble hanging with the ribbons - what a creative design! Thank you for sharing it with the ePlay wood challenge at eclectic Paperie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous. I love the primitive-vintage look, especially with the wire wrapped around the wood. Simply awesome. I have yet to venture into the soldering part of mixed media, but this piece is just so gorgeous...it may be the push I need :-). Thanks so much for playing along in our April ePlay challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is stunning, love every single element and you have me itching to get out my soldering tool...looove it!
    So happy you joined us for the ePlay challenge and good luck.
    Hope you had a great Easter weekend!
    big hugs
    Tracy
    xxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply gorgeous! Such a unique creation, and I love all the details! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love projects like this! Love the tassel made with the thimble!
    Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal monthly challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us for our April Challenge at Inspiration Journal-My Favorite Things!
    A great project and even more special using Grandma's thimble!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gorgeous work and your clever use of the driftwood x

    ReplyDelete